Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

It has never been my intent to "break the fourth wall" here (however flimsy it may be), but in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd like to thank all of you who have sent comments and e-mails to this blog in the past three months – fellow industy work-bots and their spouses, cyber-tourists, thespians, civilians, cinematic gadflies, and film students straining at the leash to start their own Hollywood careers.

As the new kid in town (the blog – not me), “Blood, Sweat, and Tedium: Confessions of a Hollywood Juicer” is very much a work in progress, and I really appreciate all of your encouraging words, as well as those few that have been less-than-encouraging. Unzipping the soul in public doesn’t come naturally to me, and I’m particularly grateful for the kind words and links to my site on the part of other industry bloggers, all of whom are seasoned veterans of the blog-o-sphere. I know none of you personally or professionally, but you've all made me feel right at home. “Totally Unauthorized”, “Dollygrippery”, and “Burbanked” are smart, pithy blogs, each offering a uniquely fascinating and entertaining perspective on life and work in Hollywood. To any readers who haven’t yet visited those sites and plumbed their archives, do so. You’re in for a treat.

Thanks for stopping by. And do come back – the door is always open.

Michael Taylor

PS: Marste -- your astonishingly candid blog is so well-written -- if you can act half as well as you write, your future on the silver screen deserves to unfold in spectacular fashion. I’ll lift a glass of wine in your direction Thanksgiving Day in the hopes your mystery man turned out to be Mr. Right...

1 comment:

Burbanked said...

I'm always thankful for fellow bloggers who throw praise my way. Much appreciation for the shout-out and the kind words.

You may be the new blogger on the block (I'm coming up on my terrible twos myself), but your writing comes across like a seasoned pro - which, of course, you are!

Keep up the great work and have a delightful holiday.