Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Friday, February 22, 2008

And I've got... nothing...

No post this Sunday. I’ve been consumed in helping with the care and feeding of my nonagenarian parents all week, and will be fighting my way back to LA on Sunday through what the weatherman promises will be a hellacious storm. A post-surgical appointment with Dr. Sawbones looms, and I've had no time/energy to compose a decent post.

But all is not lost -- in fact, you're in very good hands, since Tim Goodman put out three terrific columns this week in the San Francisco Chronicle, each covering a different aspect of our ever-changing Industry. Click here:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/search/columnists.cgi?waisdbname=/chronicle/&byline=Tim+Goodman

to read these:

TV is better than movies - except this year,

NBC acknowledges reality with 52-week season,

'John Adams' all the way to Gary Coleman

All three are vintage Goodman -- which is to say, excellent -- but I urge you to pay particular attention to the last one, “John Adams: all the way to Gary Coleman" – one of those wonderfully hallucinatory “Everything we know we learned from television” columns I was raving about a couple of weeks ago. You've simply got to read that one...

Please, go, read, and enjoy. I’ll do my best to post something worth reading next weekend.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Thanks for the tip on Goodman, he is really funny. I added him to my feeds..