Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Friday, November 2, 2007

Finally, an e-mail address...




 


 Hollywood Boulevard and Highland -- You're in Tinsel Town now...

For those who have something to say about what you've read here and -- for whatever reason -- would rather not hang their comments out in public, the blog now has an e-mail address: hollywoodjuicer@gmail.com

Let me know what you think, good or bad, and if you have any questions I can answer, fire away.

Any of you who landed here from J.R. Helton's website are probably wondering why you're staring at a post written in 2007. Me too. JR and I have tried to fix this, but every time I check his site's link to mine, I always end up here. It's like Ground Hog Day -- another ride down the Moebius Highway.  But since I'm updating this post in June of 2012, the least I can do is help you find something more interesting than this rather tedious post.

 Try this one, which will take you to the current home page whenever and however you happen to click that link. If you're new to his blog (and you probably are), you might want to try this link first, which will take you to a post containing a list of direct links to twenty or so "greatest hits" (for lack of a better term) over the past five years. The first post on that list is a bit long and wordy -- as it happens, that was my very first post back in September of 2007 -- but I leave it there as an introduction to what this blog is all about. If you don't much care for that one, join the club... but the next five or six are a lot better. And if you don't like any of those, then maybe this blog is not for you.

Right from the start I've been hoping to post an occasional story from some of my fellow Industry Work-Bots, but thus far none of those promised posts have materialized. But I will not give up on this. If you're in the Industry and have a good story of Hollywooden absurdity -- or just want to get something off your chest -- then send it along. I'm not interested in slander, libel, or tabloid gossip -- I really don't care who is sleeping with whom this week -- but if you send me a good, true story, I'll post it. Although this blog mines the dank and dirty underworld below-the-line, I'll consider above-the-line stories as well. White-collar Industry Droids get to keep their hands clean, but we all suffer in our own special ways...

Any such posts will be subject to my own editor's eye, of course, but I won't impose my stylistic tics on your writing. If I can make your post better, I will, but I promise to keep a light hand on the reins. All posts will go up anonymously or under a screen name unless otherwise directed.

Anybody who marches through the minefield of Hollywood has collected a few good stories. Let's hear them...

No comments: