Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another Wednesday Photo












If you think using one of these "Star Waggon" (that's right, folks - two "g's") port-o-potties will make you feel like a star, then you really need to try it sometime. They're a lot better than using the bushes, though. These were in the parking lot at the CBS facility on Beverly, home of such televised garbage as "Dance With the Stars" and "American Idol."

They do at least one decent show here -- "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" -- so I guess the place isn't a total waste of space, money, and human labor.

And given the events of last week, I guess Bob Marley of USC will have to find another way to earn his bong money...

2 comments:

BrigittaV said...

OMG! I just discovered Craig Ferguson a couple of weeks ago, and I'm flabbergasted at how entertaining his show is!! Where in the heck have I BEEN!??! Sleeping, I guess. Thank goodness for DVRs.

Ferguson frequently comments on how crappy his studio is, and I think now I'm beginning to get an idea of just what he means.

Michael Taylor said...

Wolf:

Yeah, Ferguson's good, but I don't stay up that late either. Thank Dog for modern technology.

I've only worked at CBS Beverly once, doing promos for "Dance With the Stars" (yes, I do occasionally bite the hand that feeds me), and found it to be a very different type of facility than a major lot. The people were very nice and helpful, but I'm a lot happier working on those dusty old sound stages in a real studio.