Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Apocalypse Draws Near, again...

Pardon me while I briefly channel Andy Rooney


Yet further proof (as any were needed) that the End Times are indeed coming soon: IPhone/Starbucks junkies can now download a brand new app to their cherished digital communicators allowing them to order and pay for their favored blend of South American stimulant drug remotely via an IPhone. Presumably this means they can leave the car double-parked while dashing into the Starbucks to grab that waiting cup of Yuppie Joe, then rush back to continue their busy, busy day without unnecessary delay or actual human contact.

Look, I’m all for progress, but this sounds like the latest in an apparently endless series of “dumbest things I’ve ever heard” -- which no doubt means it will sell like the proverbial hotcakes.

Questions: Is there any end to the digital madness? Just when is “enough” enough?

Answers: No and never, I guess.

Onward we blunder into our Brave New World of the future...

4 comments:

vertigoanton said...

I noticed Chipotle has a similar application for ordering also.

nahiyan said...

I think I can say that I've never been into a Starbucks in my entire life, don't really intend to change that fact anytime soon either.

Sis Cesspool said...

Ugh. I never took Coffee as a Second Language in college so I never bought into that culture. You should see the responses I get when I ask for a medium regular. Some look at me perplexed, some become indignant.

Once and A-lister caught me walking by and asked him to get him this ridiculous concoction from Starbucks. When I returned with it, he held it in his hands and said, "It's not light enough."

BoskoLives said...

I suppose the answer to why anyone would ever want to use this app is about the same as the answer to why a dog will lick himself; because he can.
As one of the 23 people in America that doesn't drink coffee, I side with Nahiyan above, especially with regards to starbucks, "never have, never will". And I felt that way about the personified home of pretense long before I heard about this scatterbrained deal.
Jerryw
www.boskolives.wordpress.com