Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Not This Week



















Attentive readers know what that blank billboard means. It's not like I didn't try to put up a post today. Indeed, I put in way too much time trying to hammer a post into shape that finally -- perhaps inevitably -- grew to be much too long. Reading it over this morning, it was clear that I could either publish an unwieldy and somewhat confusing post, or do what I should have in the first place -- unsheathe the Salomonic Sword and cut that clumsy pair of Siamese Twins in half, and thus (hopefully) create two somewhat more reader-friendly posts.

I chose the latter path, but alas, too late. Separating Siamese Twins is never quite as simple as it sounds, and since writing this blog is supposed to be a somewhat rewarding activity rather than a self-induced sentence to Punishment Park, I'm throwing in the towel for this Sunday.

Hey, I had a hard week, folks. The sun is going down and I just can't pull that rabbit out of my hat this time. But all is not lost. Place your cursor right here and click your way over to Rob Long's latest offering at Martini Shot, where he discusses the difference between reflexively sneering at a stupid idea, and realizing that when looked at a different way, the very same idea just might be pretty smart after all.

It's all in the execution -- and at only three minutes and twenty-six seconds, well worth your time.

The storm clouds are already building over next week, but I'll try to get one of those posts up by Sunday come Hell or high water.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Been there, written that, Mike! Nothing like finding yourself six pages into a post when you realize you're chasing two or three bunny rabbits in five different directions!

No worries -- your loyal fans will continue to tune in. :)

Michael Taylor said...

Penny --
That's a perfect description of where I was yesterday, through the Rabbit Hole and into the realm of the Red Queen and company. Ah well, there's always next week...