Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

WTF?

                        


Any of you who long ago signed up to have new posts of this blog delivered into your e-mail box might have received a surprise earlier this week. Blogger (the host of this and many other blogs) offered the service as part of the package, which seemed like a good idea... and for a while, it worked.  I even signed up just to make sure those posts were delivered as promised every week, and they were -- until they weren't.  I don't recall exactly when that happened, but at some point three or so years ago, the posts stopped coming.  Oh, I kept writing and posting them, but Blogger no longer delivered.  By then I was too busy winding up the last few months of my career and making an exit from Hollywood, so I didn't inquire as to why this happened or how to fix it... and once I left LA, then went to once-a-month posting, it didn't seem to matter anymore.

So imagine my surprise when the latest post arrived in my e-mail on Monday morning, along with links to the last two years worth of posts, as if Rip Van Blogger had awakened from a years-long slumber, realized his mistake, and was trying to make up for lost time.

WTF, Blogger???

Anyway, I just want you to know that I had nothing to do with this surprise package.  Most of the blunders here at BS&T over the years have been my doing, but this one's on Blogger.

All right, then -- onward...

No comments: